DIY: 100% NATURAL STIMULATING HAIR GROWTH OIL

08:47 Nichol Dinan 4 Comments

I have been experimenting the past year and a half making a stimulating hair growth recipe. I wanted to make it with ingredients that won't leave a greasy residue on your hair after being washed out and that were completely natural. After trying various combinations I think this is the most effective recipe.



What you will need:
- Castor oil
- Cayenne pepper
- Biotin capsule
-Emu oil (optional)
- Empty storage pot, preferably an applicator bottle
- Mixing bowl and teaspoon 


Step 1:
Add two teaspoons of Cayenne Pepper to your mixing bowl


Step 2:
Next add 3-4 teaspoons of castor oil to the mixing bowl and mix well. I used a chopstick instead of a spoon to mix mine as there is less surface area for the mixture to cling to.


Step 3:
Add 1-2 capsules of Biotin. I use Swanson personally but any brand will do as long as it's in capsule form. I also added two teaspoons of Emu oil. Emu oil is a great from preventing fallout. I will however only use it until my current bottle has run out as I'm also trying to stop using animal products in my skin and hair care.


Pour mixture into a storage pot. I used an applicator bottle as it is perfect for applying the oil to your scalp.

And you're done!
Simply apply the mixture by rubbing it into your scalp, leave in for at least an hour and then wash out. I wouldn't use this particular mixture on the rest of your hair as the ingredients have specifically been chosen for stimulating the scalp rather then conditioning the hair. I will however be blogging recipes for natural DIY conditioning treatments soon.

I hope you found this helpful. If you decide to give this a go I'd love to know how yours turned out! Thanks for reading :)

4 comments:

  1. i must try!! my hair is never growing

    xx

    http://spoonfulofdiamonds.com
    http://www.facebook.com/SpoonfulOfDiamonds

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, will probably get my dad to try this!

    -Sam
    http://samsgreatperhaps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete