Actually Naturally No Poo Shampoo Bars

09:19 Nichol Dinan 0 Comments

So I've been "no poo" for over a year and a half now. I will go into my full routine of how I wash and take care of my hair in another post, but I thought I'd share my experience with some shampoo bars I have been using. They are all made by a small UK business called Actually Naturally. All products have been bought with my own money and I'm not being payed to review.


All bars sold by this brand are cruelty free and free of nasties like sulfate. They also contain a fair amount of organic ingredients. Although they don't test on animals, some of their soaps do contain animal products like goats milk. Also the packaging is super simple which I love and is also recyclable.


Neem, Shikakai & Amla - 3oz / 85g

This was the first shampoo bar I ever used and is still one of my favorites. It smells lovely and cleans the roots really well. It has a slight gritty texture to it which I really like as I find it helps scrub away the dirt and excess oil from the scalp easier. This tiny bar lasted me about six months. Small bars retail for £3.75
I am currently using a Rhassoul Clay, Rosemary & Lavender bar by the same brand which also has a gritty texture to it. I wouldn't have expected a clay to be any good as a shampoo ingredient but I absolutely love it!



Herbal Babassu & Jojoba - 6oz / 170g

I was expecting to like this more then the neem soap, which is why I bought a bigger bar, but I actually prefer the neem one. That's not to say this isn't a good shampoo bar though. It smells wonderful and contains some great ingredients like jojoba. But this is a much smoother soap and does not contain the slight grittiness which I really love about the other bar. This large soap lasted absolutely ages and I had no problems with it going off or anything like that. Large bars retail for £6.99.
I more recently tried their Cedarwood and Ylang Ylang one which was very similar. They both worked equally as good, the texture was about the same but the scent was different. They both smell super good so it just depends what you personally prefer. 

0 comments: